Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review: Covergirl TruShine Lipcolor in Blushberry Shine

My favorite and HG (holy grail) lipstick color has to be #415, Blushberry Shine.  It is my perfect MLBB (my lips but better) shade.  Unfortunately it's discontinued so I've been using it sparingly and have been on the hunt for dupes for a while now.



It's a rosy pink color and has a very slight sheerness to it.  I feel like CG was trying to go for a wash of color with this line but it didn't end up that way and I'm so glad, I like the very slight translucency much better.  They're pretty moisturizing and the consistency reminds me more of a gloss than a lipstick.  It is a bit sticky so I'd be weary of that but otherwise I haven't experienced any bleeding or settling into lip lines.  Lipsticks usually last a good amount of time on me but this one barely makes it to the two hour line which is a little disappointing.

As far as I've seen, a lot of people dislike the packaging because it seems "too cheap looking."  I actually think it's cute!  I love silver "holographic" things so it's probably more to my taste and more than likely not everyone's cup of tea.  One thing I do dislike though is the cap, it's not very secure.  Mine has cracked a bit which you might be able to see in the first photo and while that's not bothersome to me, it might be to some others.  But my major concern is that it doesn't click when closed, it's more like it just slides onto the tube rather than sliding and locking in place.

For dupes, I've heard this in itself is a dupe for Nars Dolce Vita lipstick which would be great if it weren't for the fact that I'm not sure if it's feasible for me to get a high end lipstick in this case, haha.  Although I think I might've spotted a couple of Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters that look like they might be similar in both color and function so here's hoping!

Like I said, this is discontinued but if you can get your hands on it somehow, definitely do if you have pretty pigmented lips.  :)  It's .10 oz (3.2 grams) of product.




No comments:

Post a Comment