Pixie epoxy is a product that mimics "foiling," it makes glittery eyeshadows adhere better and it really brings out the best in both the base color and glitter/sparkles. It is not a base or primer and I would not recommend wearing it alone. Fyrinnae themselves describe it more like a glue and suggest the same. I usually wear my UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion) underneath to prevent creasing. My eyelids are rather oily and I usually only need the tiniest amount to make the thinnest of layers but I notice creasing after six hours. It's not too bad and not too noticeable either so it could probably go for another couple hours after that before it gets noticeable.
The best way to wear this is to get about a q-tip sized amount (I couldn't think of a better measurement unit, you really only need the tiniest bit for it to be potent!) onto your finger and spread it onto the eyelid. Give it about 30-45 seconds to get tacky and then either pat or sweep your eyeshadow onto the area. In those 30-45 seconds, try your best not to blink as it is rather sticky! I've tried both sweeping and patting my eyeshadow on and I promise there is no visible difference as to which packs on the color better. Do be careful where you spread the epoxy, it is rather hard to blend shadows after it's set since it really grabs onto the color.
No fuss with the packaging, it's just a straight doe-foot applicator wand in a tube for the full size and a tiny jar for the samples. It goes on clear so it doesn't change the colors of your eyeshadows. I have the full-size and it will last you a long, long time. I've only had mine a few months and haven't made a dent in it, but I've seen other bloggers who've had theirs longer and say that it's still just as good and still tons left. Although Fyrinnae states on the website that it has an average shelf life of 2-3 years which is still fantastic given mascara alone should be replaced every 3 months!
I seriously could gush and gush about Fyrinnae as a company but if I had to choose only one thing to recommend, this would be it. Whether you have sparkly shadows that just go on flat, mineral or baked eyeshadows, or whatever, this makes them more vibrant and pigmented.
You get 1.5 ml of product for $1.50 if you want to opt for the sample size, or 9 ml of product for $7.00 if you opt for the full size. Both are available from the Fyrinnae website where ingredients are also listed.



No comments:
Post a Comment