Aside from eyeliners and nail polishes, makeup removers are another niche of mine. I've been searching for the right one for a while now and the first one I ever tried was Rimmel London's Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. There was no particular reason, it just happened to be the cheapest I could find at the time.
I'm 2/3 of the way through my second bottle and debating whether to repurchase. I find it's very effective in removing makeup if you leave a soaked cotton round sitting atop your eyelids for a few seconds but it does have a couple of drawbacks. The first being it leaves a rather odd, filmy oily residue on your eyelids so I recommend washing your eyes after using this. The reason it's odd is it claims to be oil-free. It also claims to remove waterproof mascara and personally, I can't attest to that since I don't own any waterproof mascara for the time being, but it has a rather hard time removing my waterproof eyeliners, liquid or pencil. I found that I had to really scrub at my eyes to get them off, and that's not good for your eyelids at all!
Despite the drawbacks, one of the reasons I keep going back to it is it's very gentle. Meaning, if I get a tiny bit in my eyes, rather than creating a stinging sensation like some of the other eye makeup removers I've tried, this one doesn't cause my eye any irritation. No stinging, burning, excess watering, anything!
The packaging itself is nice. Flip-top so you can dispense as little or as much as you like. It does have a propensity to spill or overflow if you're not careful.
I think this remover is best if you're wearing a light wash of eye makeup or items that aren't waterproof. Though if you're like me and you don't like overly oily makeup removers, you might want to pass on this.
You get 4.2 fluid ounces, or 125 ml, for roughly $4-5 depending on where you purchase it from. It can be bought at Ulta, drug stores, or any mass-merchandise store that carries Rimmel (i.e., Wal-mart, CVS, Walgreens, etc).

No comments:
Post a Comment