The one I own is the older version; they recently redid the packaging, changing up the sizes of the pans. The old ones all have the same amount of product in each pan but the one new is supposed to be proportional to the amount of usage (i.e., you wouldn't use as much of the crease eyeshadow as you would the lid eyeshadow). I love the packaging on this! The sleek black design reminds me so much of Illamasqua's compacts especially with the clear top. I'm so glad mine isn't the cheapy blue looking plastic one and that there's no mirror in the top. I like the window and being able to see the colors so I can grab it from my stash easy.
What makes this my perfect neutral quad is that the shadows aren't all matte or all shimmer, they're a mixture. It has all different textures and finishes. You get a glitter finish, veluxe pearl, frost, and a matte. So let me break down each eyeshadow!
Lid - is a nude/tan with very fine silver glitter. This is a gorgeous color that matches my skintone wonderfully and when applied, the glitter gives a nice brightness to it. Somewhat sheer and can get chalky very fast if too much is applied.
Crease - is a veluxe pearl finish that's kind of a rose-cranberry color, buttery and glides right on. All the eyeshadows lean to the cooler spectrum but this is the only one that's warm and adds a really nice dimension to the entire look. Since I wear colored liners, I find this color usually detracts from the color of the liners so I tend to leave it out. But if I'm wearing just a black eyeliner that day, I'll leave the color in because it keeps from making the eyes look too drab.
Brow bone - shimmery, frosty white. Very good pigmentation and smooth application.
Outer corner - matte brown, not too dark, not too light, and velvety. Incredibly pigmented in one swipe and blends out wonderfully. Out of all the colors in the quad, this one is my favorite for how versatile it is.
I always wear these over my UDPP and get roughly 8-10 hours of wear. This is an odd quad in that I don't get any creasing at all whatsoever, however, they do start fading and migrating and wearing away. I'm not sure how something can disappear without creasing and I haven't rubbed my eyes or anything the entire day but uh, it happened, haha. So be forewarned that while they won't crease, they will fade and disappear from your lids after a while!
I always wear these over my UDPP and get roughly 8-10 hours of wear. This is an odd quad in that I don't get any creasing at all whatsoever, however, they do start fading and migrating and wearing away. I'm not sure how something can disappear without creasing and I haven't rubbed my eyes or anything the entire day but uh, it happened, haha. So be forewarned that while they won't crease, they will fade and disappear from your lids after a while!
You get .17oz (or 4.8g) of product overall (which breaks down to .0425oz [or 1.2g] for each eyeshadow, a smidgen smaller than MAC eyeshadows) for $6 at Ulta, mass retail stores and drug stores.




No comments:
Post a Comment