Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Review: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion

Today I wanted to review something that I truly truly love and consider a holy grail item:  Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner in Perversion.



Perversion was first released with the 15 year anniversary 24/7 eyeliner set a couple of years ago.  I was bummed that I'd missed out on the palette and when I had seen swatches upon swatches of just how rich and deep the color was, I was blown away.  I searched high and low trying to see if I could find a decently priced single and no such luck.  Until Urban Decay's spring 2012 press release when I found out they had added it to their permanent collection.  I was thrilled (and still am!)

It is a deep, matte black eyeliner.  It's very creamy and smooth to apply, no tugging or pulling.  I primarily use it to tightline and the difference it makes is astounding.  (To those unfamiliar with tightlining, it's when you line your upper waterline, creating the appearance of thicker, fuller lashes.  It makes a remarkable difference!)

It stays put on both my waterline and lashline for the full 10 hours I had it on.  Though after seven hours, it had faded in areas I had applied it lightly on my lash line.  After the 10 hour mark, it had faded noticeably on my lash line but surprisingly, it hadn't budged or faded on my waterline at all. It's opaque in one swipe on the lash line but takes a few more passes on the waterline though.

I don't own Urban Decay's eye pencil in Zero so I can't really compare the two, but from swatches I've done in the store, Zero has shimmer and isn't as pigmented.  Perversion is completely matte and as black as can be.

You get .04oz or (1.2g) of product for $19.  You can purchase it from Urban Decay's website, Sephora, or Ulta.


Perversion on the left and Ulta's Automatic Black Eyeliner on the right

No comments:

Post a Comment